The CA Foundation Classes of the best coaching institute in the city are extremely helpful for the students who want to crack the exam in a single chance.
The weightage of the topics are here for the students to take a look once so that they can prepare accordingly. The ICAI has made certain alterations in the syllabus of the CA Foundation course. The competitive CA Foundation examination is based on only the multiple-choice questions. The entire CA Foundation comprise of four papers. Out of this, two papers are objective type and two are completely subjective type. Negative marking is there for only the wrong answers in the objective type papers. Paper three and paper four are the objective type papers that contains a negative marking for the wrong answer. Have a glance at the weightage and the marking scheme of the most important paper – Principles and practice of accounting. The Top CA Coaching Institute in Kolkata follows the same scheme when the mock tests are conducted at the institute.
The Total Marks of the Paper is 100 Marks but Every Topic or Section has a Different Weightage:-
Theoretical Framework: – 5% to 10%
- Accounts Concepts, Conventions, and Principles
- Meaning and Scope of Accounting
- Glossary or the Accounting Terminology
- Accounting Policies
- Capital and Revenue Receipts, Expenditures, Contingent liabilities, and Assets
- Accounting Standards – The concepts and the objectives
- Accounting as the Measurement Discipline – The valuation principles, and the accounting estimates
- Indian Accounting Standards – Concepts and objectives
Accounting process: – 20% to 25%
- Books of accounts
- Rectification of errors
- Preparation of the Trial Balance
The Bank Reconciliation Statement:- This includes the introduction, reasons, and the preparation of the statement.
Inventories:- Takes into account the cost of inventory, net realizable value, and the technique of the inventory valuation.
Concept of the Accounting Depreciation: – Includes the methods and concepts of computation, accounting treatment of depreciations and the alterations in the depreciation techniques.
Accounting for Special Transactions: – 15% to 20%
- Bills of Exchange and Promissory notes
- Sale of Goods on Approval or Return Basis
- Joint Ventures for the Non-Corporate Entities
- Royalty Accounts
- Average Due Date
- Account Current
Final Accounts of the Sole Proprietors: – 25% to 30%
This includes the closing adjustment entries, elements of the financial statements, trading account, and profit and loss account and balance.
Partnership accounts includes the final accounts of the partnership firms, and the introduction to LLPs and the distinction of the LLPs from the partnership.
Introduction to the Company Accounts: – 10% to 15%
- Definition of shares and debentures
- Issues of shares, debentures, forfeiture of shares, and the re-issue of those shares
- Statement of profit and loss, balance sheet according to the schedule- III to the Companies Act, 2013
Basic Accounting Ratios: – 10% to 15%
- This takes into account the profitability, liquidity, solvency, and the turnover
The CA Foundation Classes of the top institute follows the same pattern as declared by the ICAI.